Bar Staff Front Job Description
Place of Work - Manchester
Reporting too - Bar Supervisor/Restaurant Manager
Hours - part time
The Bar Back will be responsible for the smooth operation of a quality bar service in Zouk Tea bar & Grill.
Bar Back must have excellent presentation and be hard working and efficient. They must be focused on supporting the bar staff and ensuring they bar staff have everything they need to meet the needs of the customer and ensure an excellent service is delivered in our busy restaurant.
The following provides an indicative but not exhaustive list of typical duties, roles and responsibilities applicable of the bar back.
A Bar Back Should:
• Be over 18 and have some knowledge of alcoholic drinks including wine and cocktails
• Provide friendly and professional customer service when addressed by customers
• Operate in accordance with the appropriate Health and Safety; Food Hygiene and Service standards
• Follow delivery guidelines as set out the Staff Handbook
• Undertake appropriate induction training such as Health and Safety, Food Hygiene
• Undertake duties as presented by their manager to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the bar and in turn the restaurant
• Undertake a range of duties deemed to be essential for the operation of a bar such as preparation, Stock refilling and rotation, setup and close down, fruit prep, glass collecting and washing, cleaning of the bar area and support drinks pick up when needed, etc
• Work a series of shift patterns, as agreed with the line manager, to ensure effective staff coverage, Friday and Saturday nights are essential
• Wear the designated staff uniform and maintain it in an excellent condition
• Work as a team member – this is a supportive role and the whole bar operation is dependant on the bar back carrying out duties efficiently and effectively.
• To ensure the delivery of a high quality cost efficient drinks service.
• To assist the FOH and outside with preparation and delivery of quality drinks and table service.
• To implement and maintain high standards of customer service.
• To deal effectively with customer requirement, complaints and service issues.
• To undertake all designated duties with enthusiasm, commitment and to a high standard; Specific Duties Include:
• Restocking fridges and bar shelves at all times and ensuring stock is rotated properly
• Preparing and serving soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, cocktails and wines/beers
• Assisting drinks pick up
• Some elements of food preparation e.g. fruits eg for dressing drinks
• Hot drink preparation – coffee and teas
• Clearing of tables
• General cleaning duties to include tables, floors, dishes, bar, floors
• Providing friendly and appropriate customer interaction when required
• Glass washing and polishing
• Cleaning the bar and bar back and fridges
• Stocking drinks, glasses, fruit and food