Zouk’s Chicken Tikka Skewers Recipe
Bring the Zouk flavour to your BBQ this Bank Holiday Weekend with our Chicken Tikka Skewers recipe!
With the perfect balance of spices that keeps our diners coming back for more, we asked one of our hard-working Zouk staff members to put our chicken tikka recipe to the test at home so we can share the results with you!
Here’s how they got on making our Zouk Chicken Tikka Skewers.
What you’ll need :
- 2 large chicken breast (diced into blocks) cut and washed or (500g chicken breasts)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste (75%ginger/ 25% garlic)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable/mustard oil
- Pinch of salt
Above are all added to chicken and left overnight or for at least an hour in the fridge to soften and flavour.
- 1 tbs yoghurt
- 1 tbs tikka paste (Patak’s brand is good if you don’t have time to make your own and its available from larger supermarkets or specialist Asian stores)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed or coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon ground fenugreek seed
- ½ tbs chilli powder
- ½ tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs mustard oil
- Paprika powder
- Black pepper
Combine all items with chicken and mix well.
Leave for a minimum of 30 mins before cooking.
Skewer the chicken on metal or bamboo skewers and cook on your bbq once the coals have turned white.
Ensure that the chicken is cooked through then serve with salad and wraps and a yoghurt raita, mint/mango chutney or chill sauce.
- Chilli powder can vary greatly in strength so if the brand you use is mild or extra hot adjust the quantity to suit your taste.
- If you’re using bamboo skewers then soak them in water for 5 mins before skewering the chicken. This will stop them burning when on the bbq.
This chicken tikka tastes amazing on its own but is also great with a dash of chilli sauce or mango chutney. Save time and buy these condiments from a store rather than making your own. Your guests will be so amazed by the chicken tikka that they won’t mind!
Let us know how you get on making your very own chicken tikka! Share the pictures with us on Twitter.
Want to get your cook-on at Zouk? Then try out one of our cooking classes this summer! Plus, read more about our new BBQ masterclass as well!